Monday, May 26, 2014

Where have I been?

Whoa....It's been over a month?  Really?  Where has the time gone?  Hmmm, take a walk with me over the last few weeks.                                                     
Yep, every Tuesday night and Saturday morning we're at the ball field.  I LOVE baseball games.  Especially at this age.  Three of our grandmunchkins are playing t ball and the games are guaranteed entertainment.  Last week our granddaughter scooped up a ball from her position in left field with the mitt on the left hand.  Her right hand was clutched in a fist which presented her with a dilemma.  She shook the mitt off, scooped up the dropped ball with her left hand and threw it in.  Her right hand was still clutched.  Her Mama and Daddy told her to put the rocks down!  It wasn't rocks.  It was a ladybug!
                                                    


 Ball day competition yielded a winner in running the bases!  She had the fastest time for her age group.

 One morning, before school, actually, on our way to school, the little 2nd grader begged me to come have lunch with her.  There is no way I'd pass that invitation.  So I rushed home, and the 3 year old and 1 year old and I baked cookies for our lunch.  We headed up to the school for the supposed 11 am lunch date.  Turns out lunch for 2nd graders is at 11:10 so we had plenty of time!

 The garden is in!  It meant a few trips to the nursery for plants, but I made sure there are plenty of "duck" tomatoes this year and we were only a week late getting the garden in.  Our target date is Mother's Day weekend.
 I've been spending time on pininterest looking for new ways to fix salmon.  Because there has been salmon almost every weekend coming home from the river and the bay.

 I was also invited to be a parent volunteer for my grandmunchkin's field trip to Ag Fest.  They have been studying farming and agriculture in their first grade class and the local high school FFA was putting on an Ag Fest .  Mommy and Daddy went on the other field trip and couldn't go on this one.  Imagine my delight when they got in my car waving permission slips and begging me to go.  I could have cried and there was no way I was saying no.  Our son, bless him, took care of the little ones and our daughter so I could go.  I am so blessed.




 Good things end in the spring.  Discovery Bible Club ended last week with car races and then a fire out back for roasting marshmellows and making s'mores.  The kids had so much fun and we had so much fun watching them.  It's been a wonderful year of learning and Bible memorization for these kids but a break over the summer is nice too.







 I can't decide if spring or fall is my favorite season.  It's a toss up.  One thing for sure, they are both busy and full of good things.  Spring is full bird baths and bubbles and playing in the water and planting gardens and t ball games and end of the year field trips.


 I did finish a wonderful knitting project and a rainbow swap.  This is Rays of Gold, an Elena Nodel pattern and it's knit from her yarn as well, Colour Adventures Glacier in Girly Fun DK.  All the details on my ravelry page.

Now you know where I've been!  I hope to be here a little more often but it is spring after all!  I do need to do a post about the wonderful rainbow swap we just finished up in the Itty Bitty group.  

1 comment: